Do you have a passion for working within the care sector? Do you have experience in supervising and motivating a small team of carers? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a Care Team Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervising a team of carers out in the community, ensuring that they are delivering the best care to our clients. You will be part of the client’s care journey being their first point of contact for the client, client’s family and carer whilst working.
● Meet with new clients and build relationships with the clients to ensure that their care needs are met. You will have comprehensive knowledge of where your clients are in their care journey
● Carry out full Risk Assessments, person-centred outcome-based Care Plan and hospital passport for each new client and ensure a copy is in the client’s home
● Follow and be aware of CQC and LA guidelines on Safeguarding Processes. Comply and ensure that the carers follow and comply with Abicare’s policies and procedures
● Visit clients to carry out reviews on care plans and risk assessments
● Carry out direct observations and supervisions on carers
● Complete rota timely using the company roster system
● Meetings with your Registered Manager to give feedback on clients and carers
● Be part of internal and possible external case management meetings regarding your clients and carers
● You will be supported by the RM to develop and motivate your team of care staff
You will be given the training and support to embark on this rewarding role. You will enjoy travelling in the community, visiting your clients and delivering care when required. Supporting your team of carers by being part of the ‘ on-call out of hours ' support. This role is split between office-based and working in the community.
The Ideal Candidate
● Previous experience of supervising and managing a small team
● Possess excellent communication skills
● Experience in carrying out Risk Assessments and Care Planning
● Sound knowledge ‘person-centred’ care
● Health & Social Care Diploma Level 3 or working towards L3
● The commitment and dedication to making a difference in the lives of the clients
● Knowledge of staff rostering systems and excellent IT skills
You will be expected to exhibit Abicare’s 5 core values (C.H.E.C.K):
C- Committed H - Honest E - Empowering C- Collaborative K - Kind
- Salary: £21,000 plus extra payments for on-call
- Ongoing training and career development
- 24/7 on-call emergency support network
- Pension, holiday pay, sick pay
- Phone, laptop
- Paid planned travel time and mileage
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Refer a Friend Scheme *
About the Company
Abicare Services is part of the Health & Social care sector where we provide daily and live-in care to our clients. We are part of a fast-growing industry which also relies heavily on technology to manage the delivery of great service to its clients. Abicare is committed to integrating innovative care technology, which can assist and complement the daily or live-in care that is delivered to our clients by our carers. We are always looking at new ways to deliver care in the community. Abicare is registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission) and CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales) and works closely with local health authorities and NHS commissioners.