At Abicare, we believe in providing high-quality care where people are looked after with dignity and respect. Kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care, nurture and enrich the lives of all in our staff, clients and family members.
Community Healthcare Assistants are often the first point of contact for clients, so you'll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You'll need to be able to put clients at ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable.
• Personal care: bathing, dressing, help with going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
• Bedtime and morning routines: help with getting up and getting ready for bed
• Food preparation and help at mealtimes
• Light housework: laundry, cooking, and cleaning
• Companionship and social interaction
• Social activities: visits to clubs and to see friends
• Errands: shopping and collecting prescriptions
The Ideal Candidate
A good Care Assistant (Healthcare Assistant) is simply someone who truly cares - they do the job because they know they can make a difference to an individual’s life, injecting some humour into a day, helping with small chores that improve clients’ quality of life, providing reassurance where confidence is low and lifting morale during those lonely moments. Good Healthcare Assistants love what they do and go that extra mile, noticing those little extras that enhance your life.
The successful applicant will need a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We currently do not provide visa sponsorship, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We are looking for:
- Community Healthcare Assistant who will be naturally kind and caring, wanting to make a difference
- Willingness to learn and undertake online and classroom training, including the use of moving & handling equipment
- An understanding of what good care looks like
- Strong written and communication skills
- Individuals that are able to work independently and as part of a wider care team
- A calm attitude and the ability to think clearly when under pressure
- The ability to prepare simple meals and follow good standards of hygiene
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, you must be able to work alternate weekends
You will be expected to exhibit Abicare’s 5 core values (C.H.E.C.K):
C- Committed H - Honest E - Empowering C- Collaborative K - Kind
This role comes with a £400 Welcome Bonus - how would you spend yours?
Guaranteed, flexible & full-time hours available. No experience is needed as full training will be given.
- £10.25 ph weekday, £11.30 ph weekend plus the length of service increments and Bank Holiday enhancements
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Refer a friend scheme £200*
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro-rata)
- Career development opportunities
- Free uniform and PPE
- Paid training and shadowing
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- Smartphone app to manage your daily tasks and pay
- On-call emergency support network
- Blue Light Discount Card to be used in high street stores and online
About the Company
Abicare Services is part of the Health & Social care sector where we provide daily and live-in care to our clients. We are part of a fast-growing industry that also relies heavily on technology to manage the delivery of great service to its clients. Abicare is committed to integrating innovative care technology, which can assist and complement the daily or live-in care that is delivered to our clients by our carers. We are always looking at new ways to deliver care in the community. Abicare is registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission) and CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales) and works closely with local health authorities and NHS commissioners.