Abicare is looking for a Senior Carer/Personal Assistant to work alongside our Live-in Department, by supporting our existing clients for a minimum of a two-hour visit each, while their Live-in Carers have breaks and days off. The Senior Care Assistant will be responsible for writing and updating Risk Assessments and Care Plans, as well as assisting with carer changeovers.
At Abicare, we believe in providing high-quality care where people are looked after with dignity and respect. Kindness is what care is all about, so first and foremost, we carefully choose our staff for their kind and compassionate nature. We aim to care for, nurture and enrich the lives of all our staff, clients and family members.
- To create and review clients' Risk Assessments and Care Plans
- To carry out staff supervisions
- Assist with the arrival of new carers into post
- Attend and contribute to Abicare client review meetings, general meetings and supervisions
- Adhere to all requirements and standards and Abicare's policies and procedures
- To act as a role model and mentor for all care staff
- Ensure the cover is in place for carers' daily breaks
- Assist with general care duties as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant will need a full driving licence and a car.
We currently do not provide visa sponsorship, applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Senior Care Assistants are often the first point of contact for a client, so you'll need to be friendly and confident, with good interpersonal skills. You'll need to be able to put clients at ease, helping them with their personal care while making sure they feel comfortable.
Previous care experience is essential for this role and a Level 3 qualification is preferred.
To be comfortable with using technology (rostering, care planning etc) or willing to be trained.
You will be expected to exhibit Abicare’s 5 core values (C.H.E.C.K):
C- Committed H - Honest E - Empowering C- Collaborative K - Kind
- Salary: £12 per hour
- Welcome bonus £400*
- Refer a friend scheme £200*
- Full-time, guaranteed hours: 35 - 40 hours per week
- Paid mileage and travel time
- Sick pay and company pension scheme
- Steady income with the ability to increase your hours and salary
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro-rata)
- Career development opportunities
- Free uniform and PPE
- Free Care Certificate qualification
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- Care Assistant smartphone app to manage your daily tasks and pay
- 24/7 on-call emergency support network
- Regular team meetings and social events
- Blue Light Discount Card to use online and on the high street
- Free DBS check
About the Company
Abicare Services is part of the Health & Social care sector where we provide daily and live-in care to our clients. We are part of a fast-growing industry which also relies heavily on technology to manage the delivery of great service to its clients. Abicare is committed to integrating innovative care technology, which can assist and complement the daily or live-in care that is delivered to our clients by our carers. We are always looking at new ways to deliver care in the community. Abicare is registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission) and CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales) and works closely with local health authorities and NHS commissioners.