Are you passionate about sharing your expert knowledge with new carers? Are you proactive in delivering training through ‘online’ platforms as well as traditional classroom and one-to-one training? If so, Abicare has a full-time role covering our Pontypool branch.
You will be based at our office in Pontypool and will mainly be responsible for delivering our induction and Care Certificate training, although you may also deliver our bespoke care courses. The role will also involve training, mentoring and coaching our key workers.
As part of the Abicare training team, you will keep up to date with best practice by attending conferences and ensuring our employees are developing their skills either through in-house training or external apprenticeship /Diplomas.
The Ideal Candidate
You should possess:
- Experience in working within the social care sector as a keyworker or senior carer (Diploma Level 3 is desirable)
- Level 3 Education and Training Award (formally PTLLS) or willing to work towards the qualifications
- Knowledge of Social Care Wales and CIW training requirements
- Experience in delivering training face to face and through online platforms
- Proven track record in achieving Targets and Quality Standards
- Excellent communication skills - written, IT and verbal
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
Salary: £25,000 per annum + Welcome Bonus, pension, Blue Light Card
Mon-Fri, full-time position, office and field-based
About the Company
Abicare Services is part of the Health & Social care sector where we provide daily and live-in care to our clients. We are part of a fast-growing industry which also relies heavily on technology to manage the delivery of great service to its clients. Abicare is committed to integrating innovative care technology, which can assist and complement the daily or live-in care that is delivered to our clients by our carers. We are always looking at new ways to deliver care in the community. Abicare is registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission) and CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales) and works closely with local health authorities and NHS commissioners.